Thursday, October 18, 2012

10 Things Thursday

1. On Facebook I keep seeing all kinds of statistics about Autism. Statistics are basically a crock pile of horse manure. Especially when people just throw numbers out and give you no information. So 1 in 88 kids are diagnosed with Autism. No, Autism is not on the rise people....and no these numbers shouldn't scare us! The truth is that we are better at diagnosing Autism then we ever have been. Catching it early is key people!!!!! What should scare us is the lack of accessibility of the therapies to help these kids learn to cope with their sensory needs!

2. Why is it that when you get divorced some Dad's seem to think that they can do LESS??? Why wouldn't you want to call your kids EVERYDAY!!??

4. I love my coffee...but I might have a slight addiction to it. I am now on cup number 4!

5.  My friend is coming down from Chi-town this weekend with her son and we are heading to an awesome haunted house! So excited.

6. Fred water rocks my world!

7. I hate dating!

8. I am so madly in love with my kids it scares me. Except when Adam says "Let me tell you, I am not putting my shirts away." Really little boy? You shouldn't mess with your mother, she can make you miserable! LOL

9. I don't think that me and this running thing are getting along, but I am determined to conquer this damn thing!

10. I am truly thankful for all the wonderful people in my life who support me and help me whenever I need it.       

4 comments:

  1. Have a fun weekend!!
    Keep up the running - it'll kick in soon right??
    what is fred water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you that you have good support surrounding you.

    If I was single, I would hate dating also! Hold out for the good one...don't settle!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people don't understand the stats on Autism. You are right, they are better at diagnosing it. Also anoither reason it seems that it has increased so much is because it was not even added to the DSM until 1980. Then, in 1994 subtypes were added (Aspergers. Retts, etc). Since the subtypes were added naturally more children met the criteria for the diagnosis....making the numbers shoot up.

    Hope you have fun at the Haunted House!!! I love Hanuted Houses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is fred water? I agree we are finding out so much more about autism than we used to and there is more to learn. I heart you on your running...I personally love it so I hope it grows on you..have an awesome weekend chika!

    ReplyDelete