Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Best Friend

I have two best friends and I am one lucky gal. But for this post we are going to be getting to know Brandi, she is amazing! I met her when I was 18 and she was 16. While we had gone to the same high school I didn't know here. We started working together at a video rental store. Man was she annoying, she was a giggly girl, which lets face it I NEVER was. We worked together for about a year before I switched jobs and she ended up dating one of my friends. We drifted apart, cause we really weren't that close.

My boyfriend and I ran into them at the movies about a year later, and that was all she wrote. We got really close. I went away to Illinois State Univeristy and she would come visit. I got engaged that fall, I was rooming with my best friend from high school, but I was miserable there. She tried to commit suicide after her boyfriend broke up with her and we started to drift a part. I started sleeping at my friend Neal's dorm (he will be a whole other post). I went home for Thanksgiving break and was at Brandi's house one night.....I was in the bathroom puking from nerves of going back to school. She caught me and convinced me to talk to my parents and even offered to go with me. After talking to my parents we decided that I would come home at the end of the semester. My roommate didn't take it well. We had a blow up fight because she wanted to control my life!

I moved home and got a job. Brandi and I spent a lot of time together and I asked her to be my maid of honor, she cried and said yes. We have been through breaking up with a fiance, two weddings, a few deaths, a divorce, the birth of four kids, her father's amazing recovery from alcoholism, going to college together, and numerous other daily life struggles. When I need to cry, she is there. When I need to have a drink, she is there. There isn't anything she wouldn't do for me and I for her. My mom told me once that if you have one friend like this in a life time, you are lucky. Well I must be blessed because I have two.

Brandi always supports me and we will forever be connected. She doesn't judge me. We are totally different people when it comes to some things, but I make her laugh and she makes me laugh. She is my therapist and I can't imagine life with out her. She became a nurse last summer and I am so very proud of her. She use to call herself stupid, and she isn't. She is one of the smartest people I know....Even if she doesn't know that a DVD doesn't need to be rewound and sometimes hits a fridge driving down the interstate. I trust her with my life and the lives of my monsters!

My 30th Birthday....in the midst of nursing school and having a baby that wouldn't stop crying EVER......she stayed home from going to a wedding with her husband and oldest son so she wouldn't miss my day. I love her! Yes she provided me with the lovely accessories that I am wearing. Her turn is coming in May and man I am looking forward to payback!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a best friend who you know is always there for you!

    I'm happy you have a friend like that.

    I'll see you in Chicago.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah that is great...best friends are hard to come by in my book!

    ReplyDelete