Sunday, August 26, 2012

What I was like Before....

My start weight was 329 pounds. To say that now seems unbelievable. I was in the store the other day with my mom and as we were walking out there was a large woman checking out and she looked like I use to. I asked my mom, "Was I really that Big?" "Yes, you were." was her answer! I love how she never candy coats anything and gives it to me straight.I ate a lot of fast food, sat on my butt a lot and didn't take care of my self much at all. I didn't fit in movie theater seats, in booths, and felt like a whale at the swimming pool!

This picture was taken at Christmas 2010. It's the best one I could find that shows my start weight. Even though it's not great, but it shows enough. When I look at this, I feel like a slob. I can't believe that I allowed myself to get that big, what was I thinking? I was setting a horrible example for my kids. NOW....my healthy choices is rubbing off on at least my 8 year old. My autistic child lives on very few foods....and I doubt that will change anytime soon :(

They both are more active with me though and even come running with me some days. Yes you all heard correctly, my fat butt get's out and RUNS.....while it may not be a long distance....it's something. I will get there. At 329 pounds walking was difficult for long distances. I now walk 3 miles no problem....walk/run that distance is a challenge and I love a good challenge.

I was thinking of posting a current picture....but seeing as how I will be seeing a lot of you in a month....I thought I might make that a surprise and instead show a picture back in May......
This was the 5k for Race for the Cure and we do it every year. I ran a little bit of it...but mostly walked and wasn't completely exhausted this year like in the years past. I also got an XL shirt which was very exciting for me. It was a little tight in my hips but it fit! I am happier in life and LOVE clothes shopping again....everything seems to fit when I pick it off the rack. I am unhappy that my top half is so much smaller then my bottom. I carry my weight in my butt, stomach, hips, and thighs....I always have. My legs are much better and smaller...just wish they were even smaller and more toned....Body Pump should help with that!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment