Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Tuesday

So there are a couple of things I want to talk about besides the election. First off, for my mom's birthday I got her tickets to go see Mary Poppins the play and it was AMAZING! We loved it and had a great time. Her best friend and her daughter went with us and it was just a great memory for all of us to make together. Secondly, my big news of the week is that I FINALLY hit the 250's it seems like this has taken FOREVER!!!!!!! I am officially 256.5 lbs and that puts me at a 73 lb loss. I can't believe how far I have come, it's amazing how much this has changed my life. I remember losing my first couple of pounds and thinking this is gonna take forever and I didn't think I could do it. I am past the half way mark now.

So about this election, I am going to vote when the boys get out of school because Adam wants to go with me. I think that is amazing! I remember going with my parents and wanting so badly to be a part of what they were doing. I do not have a political party, I vote for the person, and if I was perfectly honest, I am not entirely thrilled with either of our choices. I usually steer clear of political conversations so I will keep this vague, all I want you to do, is go VOTE!

This is a right in our country that we should exercise with pride, I don't care who you vote for as long as you do it! There are people all over the world who are dying to have this opportunity, to have a say in how their government is ran. I will proudly take my son to the polls with me today, and en still in him the importance of what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment